Friday, April 4, 2008

In the beginning...

I'm 18, going to university for an engineering degree. I enjoyed Irreversible, but I dislike Good Fellas. I'm not Robert Kennedy. I don't use contractions. I lie.
With the oh-so-verbose intro thingie done, I'll say this. This blog is my sounding board. My deathmask of opinion. I can solidify my arguements, cogent or not, and in this little corner of virtual reality I can be pedantic and puerile and dumb, and explore my thoughts as I'd like; without them disappearing the moment they're created. They will be here tomorrow, and the day after.
I guess what I like is that permenance. The ethereal nature of thoughts tends to mean they are gone as fast as they come for a man with terrible short-term memory. So they are here.

What's more, as the blogfield is so gummied up with the other people all trying to speak, it's unlikely I'll have need to respond to a heckler. And critically, blogs can't get deleted by computer failure.
Is it somewhat anachronistic to use the web for off-site safety storage? Probably. More-so that it's a web 2.0 site I'm doing it with. But it's cheaper then a new drive.

To you, person wondering why this is such an obtusely written little patch, that is why.
Best move along.

No comments: